Thursday, 15 June 2017

How I clean my makeup brushes ...

Hi guys,

I have a little confession to make - until this point, I have never cleaned my makeup brushes.

Disgusting I know, but usually if they get too clogged up, I just replace it! Little did I know, that with the help of the Real Techniques brush cleanser, my makeup brushes could be as good as new in to time!





This mat was from Ebay, check it out here.


So first I put the cleansing gel onto the mat. The cleansing gel smells amazing and reminds me a little of shampoo.


You then work the brushes onto the mat with the shampoo and continue to do so until the water runs clear! The mat has different sections depending on what type of brush you are using - think of it like a cheese grater - different sizes depending on the result you are looking for.


I then leave my makeup brushes to dry out on the towel. They dry quite quickly and I do think it is because they don't get too saturated because of the brush cleanser. If you want to give it a go, pick it up here.

How do you clean yours?

Rachael xox

4 comments:

  1. I really need to give my brushes a clean but normally just use shampoo aha!! I think I need to give these a try instead as it might make it much easier. Thanks for the tips - you're brushes and sponges looks so clean, great post :) xx

    Tash | natashatodd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried an actual brush cleanser i'll have to give it a go, I usually just use baby shampoo seems to work ok.x
    www.libertylife.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a cleanser from Sephora :D

    www.lacaleya.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to clean my brushes more often, I haven't done it in ages shamefully!
    I love the RT Gel when I do get round to it!
    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete