Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Six of the best hair products ...

Hi guys,

I wanted to do a little round up of my favourite six hair products!

I usually wear my hair down 4-5 days of the week and I do an updo on those days when I really cannot be arsed! For a night out, I tend to have straight or curly hair.




I first started using this product a couple of years ago when I got it as part of a Christmas gift set. If I wear my hair down or do a half up half down do, I like to try and achieve a bit of volume. I usually go out when I have just washed hair and my hair doesn't usually get a bit of a boost until day two. 

The beauty of this product is that you don't need to spend half an hour with a comb (just me?) trying to create a just got out of bed look. You literally just spray it on, roughen your roots a little and hey presto - VOLUME! If you want something a little more longlasting, you can spray it a little with a hairdryer to set it. One of my favourite things is that it doesn't get sticky and easily brushes out, meaning I don't have to walk around with a beehive on a Sunday either!


I have unbelievably frizzy hair. My hair has a natural wave to it which looks amazing on holiday with a bit of mousse scrunched in but the frizz that comes with it is super annoying. I found this product a couple of years ago when going away on hols. While away, I hardly ever straighten my hair. I usually blowdry it and wear it up in the day or scrunch it and wear it down and beach wavy. However, the sheer amount of frizz that comes with it is crazy. 

I basically run this product through my hair damp putting minimal amounts near to the roots and then blow dry. Luckily for me, the formula also comes with heat protection, meaning I have a 2-in-1 product and because the bottle is only 100ml, I can take it with me when I only have hand luggage too. V05 also have a Tame it and Shine Spray that I use when I straighten my hair.


This is the best hairspray I have ever used for several reasons. I love it because it has anti frizz technology that prevents the humidity from making your hair fly all over. It is perfect for when you have an updo day. It strays my pesky fringe fluff!

My only downfall with this is the smell of the spray. This particular product for sleek hair has a rose smell to it and I am not a fan of rose at all. I just spray a little bit of dry shampoo on the top or perfume to get rid of the smell!


I adore loreal as a brand but I hadn't purchased anything from the Studio range before and I am an absolute sucker for any product that tries to give me sleek hair. This is perfect for when I want straight hair and is also a 2-in-1 product for heat protection. One of the best things about this product is that you literally cannot feel it it in your hair. It does the job but doesn't leave it's mark and after a brush and restyle the next day, you are good to go!


This product from V05 literally does what it says on the tin. It adds an instant oomph to your hair, building on the texture and mattifying your hair. It grips the roots and increases volume. I use this in conjunction with the backcomb in a bottle when I want super volume!

I tap a bit onto my roots and then rub it in which gives flatter hair a big lift. The only problem with this product is that you definitely need to wash your hair afterwards - it doesn't brush out well.

Tresemme Keratin Smooth 

I got this product from a gift set along with shampoo and conditioner from the same range. This is my everyday go to product for smooth hair. It is non-greasy and brushes through my hair lovely. You only need a small amount too.  I use this during the day time and use it at my roots and ends if wearing my hair down and I smooth it through the front of my hair when I am wearing my hair up.

 You can also get the matching shine spray too. 

Have you got any hair recommendations for me?

Rachael xox

6 comments:

  1. I love the V05 volume mouse, I have been using it for year now!

    PoppyRKay // poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - love that I get frizz free hair!!

      Rach xox

      Delete
  2. I've seen these products around but never actually used any of them, they sound reaaally good though so I will be sure to check them out.

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - I am a sucker for hair products!

      Rach xox

      Delete
  3. I've heard great things about the Umberto Gianni! I love Elnett, it's such a classic and I've not found anything better :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep definitely agree with the elnett - they are quite strongly scented though!

      Rach xox

      Delete