Friday, 28 April 2017

Rimmel Brow Shake Powder Review

Hi guys,

I recently picked up this Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder from Boots and I wanted to share my thoughts on it.

Firstly, my brows at the moment are such a good shape that it I find it easier to fill them in. I do wish they would grow quicker - especially when I have those overplucking moments.

I fill in my brows every day. I tend to go a bit thicker for a night out but during the day I just like to fill in my shape a little and fill out where my gaps are (only a few).

When I first saw the Rimmel powder advertised, I was really excited to go and try it. I am a huge fan of Rimmel products and have used them since I first started wearing makeup.



As you can see, it is actually a powder. You have to shake it a little first and then you are good to go. I find that then tapping off the excess powder is key so you don't get darker splodges on your brow.


Rimmel Brow Shake Filling Powder has great pigmentation but it takes good practice. The nib is perfect for the application but it isn't very easy to control and that is why you do need to have a good go. The shade is amazing for my colouring too. I think the black shade would be too dark for me. I think for the price of only £5.99 too it is an absolute bargain. I get a better finish with this than most of the expensive brand names. 

I don't know how long it will last until I do an empties post but I don't use it as much as a plain pencil. I do tend to use this more for a night out when I want a bigger impact.

My little downfall is that because it is hard to control, I sometimes end up with a little blob of powder around my eyebrow that isn't very easy to get off. I do find applying browcote or wax is best to finish this off.

Have you tried this?

Rachael xox

3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I just got Ka Brow by Benefit which is great, but a lot more expensive than this! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try this now. I was in two minds when I saw the ad on TV. You have convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in two minds after seeing the TV ad...you've convinced me to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete