Wednesday, 8 March 2017

What I have given up for Lent ...

Hi guys,

I have never really given anything up for Lent and it isn't really So for Lent I was originally going to give up Coca-Cola. I only really drank the diet version but since I was poorly in January, I haven't really drunk it anyways!

I thought about incorporating my savings and giving up spending money on anything that wasn't useful or I didn't need but AGAIN, I have already started to do this to..

SO, what I am actually going to give up is self doubt. I have been ultra inspired by the Prince's Trust and their self worth campaign. With actual role models such as Dame Helen Mirren, Cheryl, In The Frow's Victoria, Katie Piper and Youtuber Marcus Butler fronting the campaign, it is one of the best things I have heard of - they have even partnered with L'oreal for the campaign - "because you're worth it."


The campaign is all about turning self doubt into self worth. This is typically in younger people as one in three people don't believe in themselves and rises to 42% when not in work, education or training.

So, when I first read about this campaign I was completely taken aback. One in three people really don't think they can achieve what they set out to? Well, this got me to thinking that actually, I have a lot of self doubt on a daily basis.

Even just the other day, my boss sat me down to give my payrise details which was a nice big chunk and she praised my work ethic and said it was performance reflected. Yet, I still waited for the negative review as well. I question myself on a daily basis at work - am I doing my job properly? Am I good enough at what I do? 

Even writing this blog is just really for me - I like to create more readers and be part of a bigger community but at the end of the day, what I write is for me and not for anyone else. But still, I question myself and doubt my abilities to write and be a part of the community.

The people I work with everyday have a lot of doubts about their roles and share a lot of their own stuff with me and I always manage to pull them up, give them positives to work with and show them that their doubt is silly - so why can't we do this for ourselves.

Well bring in Lent. For this entire period, I am going to ignore my inner self doubts and if they do manage to creep in there, reinforce them with a more positive statement! I am hoping this will then have a positive change on the rest of my life too!

What are you giving up for Lent?

Rachael xox


4 comments:

  1. I'm giving up red meat. I've been trying to cut back for a while so I figured now is the best time.

    xx Aubrey
    http://the-coastalconfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an excellent idea! It's so easy to give up 'things' for a short period of time but this sounds like such a positive step! I'm exactly the same, always thinking negatively, hoop it works out for you! X

    ReplyDelete