Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Walking in Osmotherley ...

Hi guys,

We recently went for a gorgeous walk in Osmotherley, which is located in Teesside/Cleveland area of England. My hubby along with my sister and brother-in-law are completing the Three Peaks Challenge later in the year so we have been getting some practice in for them.

We took the dogs along, although it got a bit too much for Dexter who had to be carried the last half a mile. The walk we did is roughly 5 miles although there are a few climbs and a few downhill moments.

If you want to take a peek at the route, you can take a look here. The route is part of The Cleveland Way.












It's amazing to be outside in our beautiful country. I do think we take for granted how beautiful the scenery is. 











If you are thinking about taking up walking, or trying it out, you need to make sure you are wearing the correct clothing. You need a good pair of walking boots/shoes and good socks. The impact of the ground and rough terrain on your feet can cause blisters and really hard skin. To avoid this sort of injury, you are best of wearing the right thing.

My walking shoes are Regatta and are from North Face. I got them because they were turquoise in colour and still a little girly, you can find some other great options here, here and here

My favourite walking socks are the 1001 mile brand. They are so comfortable and I don't get any blisters at all. I am currently looking for some pink walking socks so I feel extra girly when walking covered in mud. I love these here.

There are plenty of extras as well you will need to be able to walk in comfort and keep warm.

Waterproof jacket

1, 2, 3, 4

Waterproof trousers

1, 2, 3, 4

Base layers

1, 2, 3, 4

Backpack

1, 2, 3, 4

Accessories

1, 2, 3, 4 <personalised!!

Have you got any walks you can recommend for me in the North East?

Rachael xox



4 comments:

  1. nature is such a lovely space.
    amazing Pictures andyour dog is so cute :D

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like a lovely walk and you certainly picked the best day for it! I really like Craster - Dunstanburgh Castle and then onto Low Newton (with a few pub stops)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to take a peek at that one - I haven't heard about that.

      xox

      Delete