Sunday, 26 March 2017

New Season River Island Lust List ...

Hi guys,

So I walked past River Island yesterday and couldn't resist having a pop in and some of their new season drop is absolutely stunning! I thought I would take a little peek online and I have created a lust list of some items I will be picking up! I thought I would turn this into a little series and do some lust lists from my favourite haunts.





This handbag is absolutely gorgeous. This is definitely number one on my list. I don't usually go for grey just because it doesn't suit me in clothing but I adore this. With multiple embroidered colours, it is ideal to wear with all sorts of different clothing.

With River Island, I love the detailing on their accessories. I love the plate on the front, the printed luggage tag and the gold tone hardware. It also has a faux suede effect too which just cements this as the number one bag for this season.



Lo and behold, another grey bag! This one is a smaller lock satchel style which is ideal for shopping and taking on weekend trips. I adore the bright red floral detail on the front. The gold hardware is beautiful too, especially the lock feature on the front of the bag. The handle is removable too meaning you could just carry it. I am in love with this bag!








This swimsuit caught my eye straightaway. I love the bardot and the criss cross detail which will be super flattering. The only thing is the tan lines from the tummy section but I suppose I could live with that. I am a super fan of anything monochrome and the majority of my wardrobe is made up of black clothes so this would fit right in! May be a purchase for Hong Kong.





Hmmm.. I think SS17 will be when I actually wear grey! I love this floral duster coat. It has so many different colours in that it would just be so versatile. The khaki and cream detail will go with a lot of my current clothing for SS. I currently have a duster jacket in black (surprise, surprise) and the waterfall detailing to the front is flattering and breaks up the length of it.

I feel like this with jeans and ankle boots, leggings and sandals and over jeans and heels for a night out means I can wear it so many different ways. I don't like the idea of paying £65 for something I would only wear occasionally so I like the idea of this being worn it a lot of different ways! I think it would also be wearable in colder weather too with layers!




I adore the sleeves of this dress. It make a simple black dress into something much more. You can definitely wear this dressed up or down. This will be perfect for me in Hong Kong with sandals or on  a night out with a pair of heels. I love wearing black as it is so slimming but I do like to add a pop of colour so with this dress, I could wear bright pink heels and necklace for example. 




How adorable is this?! River Island also have this available in a shirt which is gorgeous but I prefer the skirt in the print. The length and tie waist is very flattering for any figure. A lot of people tell me they don't like birds on prints but I love them! This is super summery and is quite a good price at £35.




This is such a feminine style top and I love that it looks cool and lightweight too. I can just imagine this with a pair of denim shorts and little sandals! I am so ready for some sunshine!




This top is so me. Black, check. Embroidery, check. Neck tie, check. I looooooveee this top! I have seen some similar for less prices but I love the quality and feel of this version. It also comes in petite and plus size too. 


I love sunglasses. I am totally on a minimalism movement and only buying things I absolutely need but I feel like I have an addiction to sunglasses. I have so many already and usually take four or five pairs on holiday and rotate them each day. I carry some in my handbag, even now, and have a pair in my car too. I absolutely love these ones and I think they would be amazing for Hong Kong. 




 I have wanted some sandals like this since last year but I just didn't need any more. However, I have just had a sort through of my Summer clothes and I think this is what my Summer suitcase is missing. I love all of the pom poms and charms added to them too.





I am currently using my Michael Kors purse which I picked up in New York a couple of years ago. I have used different purses in between but I feel like I am always bulging out of the Michael Kors. Between receipts, loyalty cards and the ridiculous amount of change I always have, sometimes it is difficult to shut. I saw this one and just loved it. I love the gold keychain, the studded detail and it is a foldover style. Inside you can fit so much in and it doesn't look like the sort to bulge out either. 




I am so into the bardot style of clothing and this looks super cosy. It will be such a good transition piece through to spring and then from summer back to autumn. With a little neckscarf or choker, this will look amazing!





How stunning are these! I love the floral print detail - it will go so well with the grey satchel bag too. This red floral print is so bright and stunning. I quite like the ripped detail too as I don't usually go for this style. I like the idea of a tucked in tee for these!




This is absolutely adorable. They also have a matching smock dress which I might have to add to the list too. I have owned some like this previously. Primark brought out a few versions years ago and I picked them up and wore them to death (which wasn't much at Primark) but with River Island quality, I will most likely get the wear out of this one.



I think this is incredibly gorgeous. I am so tempted to pick this up for Hong Kong to blend in. I can imagine wearing this with a black tee to make it a little bit more casual or a roll necked body. It has all of my favourite colours in one and I cannot believe the low price of only £28. This is an absolute steal.


Are you lusting after any of these items?

Rachael xox




18 comments:

  1. River Island is smashing it at the moment! Just bought a really pretty top from there!

    Love Katy @ The Rawrdrobe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that first handbag, it's perfect for spring!
    That lace too is gorgeous too, I'm such a sucker for lace!
    River Island looks like it's got some lovely bits and bobs in at the moment, I'll have to go have a nosey!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitey. So much that is stunning!!

      Rachael xox

      Delete
  3. The swimsuit and the satchel bags are absolutely stunning! The sandals too! Must have! They are all great picks! xx Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That embroidered back is absolutely beautiful, I'm adding that to my wishlist right away haha! Usually I'm not a River Island kinda girl but I must say that I love everything on your list, you have impeccable taste! Now time to hit the shops...

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😙!

      I am an absolute shopaholic who is trying to be a minimalist and then River Island brings this lot!!

      Rachael xox

      Delete
  5. I have a river island voucher and now I know EXACTLY what I'm spending it on, that satchel and duster coat are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their handbags at the minute are to die for!!
      Rachael xox

      Delete
  6. The duster coat is nice, they do a dress in that exact pattern and I want it to wear to a wedding in a few months...

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Wish they were Primark prices!
      Rachael xox

      Delete
  7. The cream studded purse is gorgeous, not to mention that duster coat! x Fab lust list,
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the purse! It has so much storage.

      Rachael xox

      Delete
  8. River Island is so good at the moment, I love that swimsuit and the embroidered mini bag

    Julia x
    juliarachelday.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the bags are so stunning!!

      Rachael xox

      Delete
  9. The new collection is so good! I have to be careful with my wallet lol
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girllll you've made me fallen in love with that embroidered satchel! Their collection is littttttt.
    Thanks for sharing your fave pieces!

    Love, Layla Rosita | www.laylarosita.com 

    ReplyDelete