Thursday, 30 March 2017

My Skin Saviours ...

Hi guys,

All the changes in the weather recently have got my skin going crazzzzyyyyy!

Between the wind and rain when out walking, the winter sun burning down on me and the heating on full blast when at home, not to mention my steaming hot baths - I don't think my skin knows what it is supposed to do. It also doesn't help that my full time job is working with food. This means that I am constantly washing my hands and this is not good for my hands either.


Beauty Kitchen 60 second manicure £9.99 - available here
Currently BOGOHP

This product is so amazing that I just do not know how there aren't people raving about this on blogs. It exfoliates, hydrates and cleanses your mitts all in one. You literally rub your hands in it and then rinse it off. It leaves your hands feeling brand new. It has an amazing scent too with himalayan salt and frankincense. If you haven't been, the Holland and Barrett in York is fab - you can go test these products and make a lot of your own too!

Beauty Kitchen Wonder Balms £2.99 - available here and here.
Currently BOGOHP

These are another fab product from The Beauty Kitchen. These lip balms are perfect when my lips need some hydration. It is more of a balm than a moisturising cream but it is super soft when it's on your lips. They seem to last forever too! Well worth this price.


I use all of these above lip balms and I am a little bit obsessed with them all! I rotate between them in different handbags.

My top picks:






For my skin (excuse the photo?!), I have a variety of different products.

Smells amazing and thoroughly moisturises my skin. I put this on usually before bed and I can still feel the moisturising effect the next morning.

You definitely need to exfoliate when there are weather changes. I get so much tough, dry skin so not only do I do my body brushing, I also make sure to scrub it off. You can't go far wrong with Soap & Glory products - they smell amazing and you always get results.

On the days I go sans makeup (usually when out walking the dogs), I often end up with a ruddy skin with a touch of Rosacea. I purchased this quite a while ago but it is such an amazing product. It is more of a balm than a cream so I find it sinks into my skin and it definitely dulls the redness straightaway. I find that for the minimal amount of times I need to use this, it definitely does the trick.

This product is my absolute go to when I have overdone it with central heating and need something that is super strong. This sits on top of my skin and I feel that it just absolutely goes to the core of my skin. I put this on after a hot bath or my skin is feeling super tight and dry. I occasionally put this on overnight and I find that it is still performing the next morning. 

No7 Beautiful Skin Dry Skin Rescue - Similar here.
I have extremely oily skin which I find then creates dry patches as I work so hard to get rid of my excess oil. I find that this product works so well when I only have mild dry skin without creating any excess oil.

What do you use when your skin is being a bit naughty?

Rachael xox



4 comments:

  1. Great post - I love your style of writing!

    The Leach Life | theleachlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love learning about new beauty products!

    http://www.vanitycapital.com/travel-blog/2017/3/30/exploring-myanmar

    ReplyDelete