Sunday, 12 March 2017

Charity Shop Book Haul ...


Hi guys,

So recently we went away for the weekend and we love a little charity shop visit. We often find books we like but we also have a little shop around for clothes. you can usually get some unique and quirky pieces. 


On this occasion, I found a couple of books to add to my collection. When I have read a book, I always donate it back to the charity shop. I do keep hold of my favourites though so I can reread them when I want to.

1. Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
Pick up a copy here.

I have loved Harry Potter ever since I was a little girl. I have reread the books and rewatched the films millions of times. But some how, I don't have the books at the moment! So, I made the decision to collect them again and ran across this one! I was thrilled.

For those of you living under a rock, Harry Potter is the boy wizard who spends his entire secondary magic school life (ages 11-18), fighting off an evil wizard. JK Rowling is AMAZING and these books are absolutely unreal.



2. Elizabeth & Mary by Jane Dunn
Pick up a copy here.

I am OBSESSED with Kings and Queens of old and I adore anything Elizabeth and Mary. If you read my blog regularly, you will know that I watch Reign and adore it. I picked this up to see if there was any more scandal to be gleaned between the rivalry. 


3. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
Pick up a copy here.

This one I chose as I have read another book previously by Lisa Genova and loved them. She writes stories that are in the style of Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain. They get you thinking about universal matters and I find myself sitting for a while after finishing this type of book, just thinking about the different scenarios.

"Sarah Nickerson has it all: a high-flying career, a loving husband and children, a second home. But does she have time to enjoy it? Too busy to pay full attention, can she see what's left neglected? 

One fateful day while driving to work, Sarah looks away from the road for one second too long. In the blink of an eye, her overfull life comes to a screeching halt. In the wake of a devastating accident that affects her body and mind in surprising ways, it's time for her to choose: who does she really want to be?"

4. Watch your back by Karen Rose
Pick up a copy here.

Karen Rose is such a talented writer. Her books centre on the armed services in different areas of America and horrific crimes that happen around them. Her books tend to be interwoven and there is an order in which to read them. 

"Stevie Mazzetti knew she would never get over the murder of her husband and son. But with their killer behind bars she was able to move on with her life, if only for her daughter's sake.
Now, eight years later, the Baltimore detective always fights for the victims she meets and when she learns that her ex-partner may have miscarried justice, Stevie's determined to right the wrong even if it means putting herself in danger.
Clay Maynard has always wanted Stevie and he believes that protecting her may give him the chance to keep her in his life forever. With a vicious psychopath on Stevie's tail can they stay alive long enough to find the happiness they deserve?"


Have you picked up any new books recently?

Rachael xox





6 comments:

  1. Amazing post! I love Harry Potter! ;P
    Kiss
    Luna
    http://www.fashionsnobber.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm one of the few people who haven't read Harry Potter books at all!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love karen rose.. always take one of hers on holiday with me 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love karen rose one of her books always comes on holiday with me 💜

    ReplyDelete