Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Film Review: Me Before You

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the film, Me before You. This film has been out a little while and I would definitely recommend it as a watch. Get the girls round and have a movie night with a glass of wine. Not only is it a heartbreaking story with a bittersweet ending, it also makes you laugh out loud along the way. 



Book LINK Sequel LINK DVD LINK 

Young and quirky Louisa "Lou" Clark (Emilia Clarke) moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), a wealthy young banker left paralysed from an accident two years earlier. Will's cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.


Lou Clark is one of the best characters ever written, I believe. The film is based on the book by JoJo Moyes & the good news is that there is a sequel too. Emilia Clarke (game of thrones) and Sam Claflin (hunger games) are the starring roles in this film and I don't think they could have picked anyone better. They absolutely make the film.

The film starts when Lou loses her job so heads to the job centre to find a replacement. She is desperate as her dad doesn't have a job, so needs to help contribute into the house. The job centre sends her off to the Traynor's home for an interview for a companion/carer. She obviously gets the job and the story that follows is all about Lou implementing herself into Will's life. Will is a quadriplegic meaning that from the neck down he has no movement or control over his body.

His life before the accident was very active and adrenaline fuelled so Will is battling his inner demons while Lou worms her way in. 

For me, the film is portrayed extremely well. Having never been in a situation that has dealt with any form of disability, I am not sure how those who have will take to the film. I however, found it to be quite enlightening. It highlighted some aspects of the disability that I had never considered. This book is entirely fictional but in my opinion will really resonate with a lot of people. I found that it was a quite life affirming and it is one of those films that leaves you with a lot of questions about your own life and makes you realise, although that you may have bad days and hard times, someone out there is always worse off and may need more help than you!

It is a sad film and is quite heartbreaking but it is definitely recommended by me!

Rachael xox

PS. Add me on bloglovin' to keep up to date on my new posts!!


4 comments:

  1. thanx for the great post
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still havent watched it and after your review I really can't wait! Thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I definitely need to watch the movie too. I looooved the book but never really got around to watching the movie. Thanks for reminding me!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete