Friday, 30 September 2016

Cecelia Ahern - The Year I met You ...

Hi guys,

So I have been reading like crazy lately - either sunbathing or just making sure I get the most out of my lunch break or to help me get off to sleep at night!

I absolutely love Cecelia Ahern and all of her novels have an aspect of magic in them - they just seem to have a life affirming result for adults!


You can buy it at Amazon here.

The Year I met You  ...

"The year that changed my life. For Jasmine, losing her job felt like losing everything.
The year I found home. With a life built around her career and her beloved sister Heather, suddenly her world becomes the house and garden she has hardly seen and the neighbours she has yet to meet.
The year I met you. But being fired is just the beginning for Jasmine. In the year that unfolds she learns more about herself than she could ever imagine – and more about other people than she ever dreamed. Sometimes friendship is found in the most unexpected of places."



You are immediately drawn into the book straightaway. Jasmine is a "fixer" and her whole life has centred around taking care of her sister and building businesses and solving problems. But, when we start the story, a big part of her life, her career, has been taken away from her. Cecelia Ahern has this magic ability of taking a single person with problems and weaving a tale that really stays with you for a while after. What I also find absolutely brilliant with this book, is that it doesn't turn out the way you think its going to as you're reading it.

Jasmine's character really resonated with me as I think I am a bit of a "fixer" too. This can then lead to very stubborn and self deprecating behaviour. Think of it like a life coaching novel!

It is definitely a must-read. 

Rachael xox



1 comment:

  1. I loved P.S. I love You but I haven't read any other book by Cecilia Ahern. This one sounds like one I may like!

    www.memoriesofthepacific.com

    ReplyDelete