Saturday, 2 July 2016

Beauty buys in June ...


Hi guys,

So I had a massive list of products I wanted to buy in June and as we are moving next month and I just know I will not have any spare cash to spend on anything I want other than decorating, DIY or homewares (expect lots of shop my stash posts). 

Whenever I see things in magazines or on blogs that I really want to try, I jot them down in my phone memo pad and then do a big shop all at once from the same place!



I have wanted to try St Tropez tan for quite a while so decided to buy this set. I needed a new tanning mitt so I was very pleased with this. In this set, you get the exfoliator, moisturiser and tan. Looking forward to seeing how the tan ends up.


I also got Nyx matte finish setting spray. I have never used a setting spray before but I have just decided that no make up is going to stick to my skin at all. My T Zone is make up free by the time I finish work on a night and I don't get a lot of time in the day to fix it. I have tried this spray just a little and liking the results so far. I also got the Sleek blush in rose gold. This is quite a dark colour for me but I am hoping it is going to look good with a tan. One of my fave purchases from this haul is the Maybelline blushed nudes eyeshadow palette. The colours have a vintage look to them and there isn't one in this set that I don't want to use. I also got this Maybelline dream blender sponge. I have a blender sponge now and I love that this has got a handle on it.


I have never had Nyx products before and this is my first purchase of it. I bought the stay matte but not flat foundation. I am sucker for anything with matte in the title. From Nyx, I also got this lipstick in Siren. Erm, I definitely looked at the pics of the colour swatch but as always when buying online, you don't always get a true indication. At least it is a matte lipstick so it won't glow. I don't think I will wear this colour very much (or at all). It may come in handy for costume parties or Halloween time or if I am ever feeling a little vampy!!

I love maybelline products. Ever since I first bought a baby lips lip balm, I have been attracted to this brand. When I saw the baby lips balm and blush, I knew I had to try this. I bought it in the peach colour as I think this is what I will get the most wear out of. I also bought the baby skin pore eraser. This is a product I have been wanting to try for a while but I have so many base and primer products already that have now dwindled a little, so I decided to take a plunge. 


I love Rimmel makeup so I added a few pieces to my collection. I got this fix and perfect primer as I have used this previously but in a sample size and loved it. I also go the wake me up concealer. I have the wake me up foundation in my collection too which gives excellent coverage so looking forward to seeing what this concealer can do. I love all rimmel mascaras that I have tried before so I bought this extra superlash too. I got this Nyx Wonder Stick as it is a highlight and contour stick,. I don't contour or highlight much but as I have done it a little recently I wanted to try this product. I also got the Bourjois mat illusions bronzing powder - just because it said mat, It isn't spelt right for matte but I am hoping it works!


Okay, so last but not least are a Nyx matte lipgloss - I have briefly tried this and looks good so far. I got the Maybelline matte maker as this is a repurchase. I got another Nyx matte lipstick - this one in red colour. Excited to use that. I bought another mascara fro Rimmel - this is the extra 3d lash. I usually go for the thicker tubes so will be interesting to see what both of these do. Loreal inflallible matte makeup is another repurchase. One of my favourite products from the entire month is this Maybelline colour show nail varnish. It is called rose chic but it is a rose gold glitter varnish that I will pop on a review of separate - I have high hopes for this!

So, this is my main beauty buys in June. I am hoping to get a lot of use out of these products as I won't be allowed to spend any money on these products when I move!!

Rachael xox

1 comment:

  1. I know the lipstick wasn't the shade you were intending, but I think it would be great for a dramatic date night out!! I love that shade!

    Jess
    www.JessExplainsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete