Friday, 27 May 2016

Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

Hi,

I have been trying to get a lot of reading done lately. As previously mentioned, I have started to do less work at home, making more time for myself. So far, so good. This has left me more time to spend how I like. I love reading and as we're looking to move homes shortly - I will be quite happy if I have finished a couple of the series I have been reading before I move.

At the weekend, I managed to finish the Rachel Caine Morganville series. This is a young adult 11 series set all about a young girl named Claire who gets into a university in the town of Morganville. Little does she realise, that Morganville is home to a vast amount of vampires and the university students are prey. After getting on the wrong side of the college bully, she moves off campus and thus begins the full story. We start with The Glass House book that opens the story.



She finds friendship, love and quite a lot of enemies throughout the series. I haven't read anything else from Rachel Caine, although I have seen a few of her series for sale when I look for new items and I am not sure that I would read another one. I love a young adult series usually but I felt this one was actually just suitable for young adults and was quite immature for me. It didn't hold my interest like the Twilight series or any of the other YA series that I have read.

The characters are good and the story is easy to follow so if vampires are your thing, then I would recommend a read. I did switch off from the series midway and come back to it. For me, I just found it a little repetitive. I know it must be difficult to write a YA series and try to handle a smaller story within a bigger one - however, I didn't actually feel like there was an overarching goal for the characters and an awful lot didn't change for them.

However, a light read if you are looking for something to pick up and put down when required.

Thanks,

Rachael xox

P.S. If you have read this series, check out the mini youtube series created by a group of students - a little bit cheesy but nice to put a face to a name.


2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this series but it sounds like something I might like!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    It is a good series, I will be blogging shortly about another series I have just (sort of) finished!

    Rachael xox

    ReplyDelete