Friday, 4 April 2014

New Wardrobe System ...

Hi everyone, it has been a little while but I am back now with a vengeance!

I have been poorly recently and I have had to take time off work which if you know me, I can't really stand! So, I decided that I needed something to keep me going for the two weeks. I decided to do something about the wardrobes in my bedroom.

My husband and I live in a three bedroom house. We sleep in one, the other is a guest room and then we have a study where we work from home, occasionally I will write in here too. The guest room has a double wardrobe where I was keeping my clothes but I really needed more space. The wardrobes in our bedroom had old fashioned "fitting room" doors with slats on and you couldn't really see everything at once, which is how I like to see it. So, my project was to remove all of the doors and the insides.

I then had a blank canvas to work with so I then installed this system. This is the system called Algot available from Ikea. I basically took my measurements and then looked online to see exactly what the different sizes were that I could get. They do have the already made up sizes but this unit is customised to exactly what I want. So, this is what my finished product looks like ...






So, the full part was filling it all up. Be prepared to have some mess while you are putting it in as it does take time and obviously you need somewhere to keep your clothes in the meantime. I have had a massive sort out of my clothes (I will pop that in a blog post on Brush and Smudge)!



Here is my finished product:



I even popped some lights on the top for when its a little dark. My last finishing touch will be to pop a curtain rail and curtain on to hideaway.

Please check out my VLOG regarding this at Youtube . . .

Bear with me as this is my first vid, its a little shaky!

See you soon xox

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael

    I actually found your blog through your youtube video about these. You seem to be the only person in the UK who has blogged/talked about/reviewed this system!
    As you've had the wardrobes for a few months now, I was just wondering what they're really like? Are they as good as you'd hoped and are they standing up to wear and tear?
    I think this is the perfect solution to my wardrobe dilemmas too but wanted to know just how good they really are.

    Anyway, I'd really love to hear from you.
    Take care,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi darling,

      I have been away for a little while so sorry for the late text. It is absolutely fab, ive moved it around twice already to accomodate my new clothes. The only thing I would say is to make sure you have long enough screws and wall plugs as you are popping quite a large amount of weight on there. Good luck!! Xx

      Delete