Friday, 4 April 2014

Friday Book Review: Evermore by Alyson Noel

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since we had a Friday book review so here we are.




This series is by Alyson Noel. It follows a teenager named Ever (cool name!) who loses her family in a car accident that then sees her flying across the country to live with her aunt, who is definitely not used to having a teenager around. She quickly meets friends in her new school and a couple of guys as well. This six series however, isn't just about teenage love, Ever has become an immortal. That is, she isn't going to die. In fact, she has lived a lot of lives before the one she is in right now. 

When I first saw these books, I quickly thought Teenage section and discarded them as a reading option. In fact, if you pop into your local WHSmith, they are in fact in the young adult section. However, recently an older work colleague (in her early seventies) told me I had to read them and that they were right up my street. So, I did.

Ever is a remarkable character who learns from her mistakes, only to make them all over again which makes her more human than she actually is and I found myself relating to her, albeit not on sci-fi terms. I assure you, I am destructible. Her character is very resilient and she manages to win me over more in every book. There are some parts of the series' that you can tell have been written for a younger audience, although the humorous side to the books will have you giggling away. I definitely enjoyed them and would recommend them if you like fantasy. Fans of the House of Night series, will definitely love these books. 

Buy them here.

Enjoy,

Rachael xox

No comments:

Post a Comment