Saturday, 16 November 2013

Saturday Film Review: Return to Oz

Hi, I have always loved Return to Oz and to be honest, I like it a lot more than the Wizard of Oz simply because it is darker and I feel like I believe that when Dorothy travels to Oz she actually goes, but I find I can't get my head around whether or not she actually goes in Return to Oz due to the similarities between the characters such as the Goblin King, Princess Mumby and the Wheelers to people she encounters back in Kansas.

This might be me just reading into it a lot more as an adult but give it a go and make your own decision. I have found that I LOVE the film just as much as I did when I was a child. 



You can pick up a copy here


So final notes on this film, is that it is the aftermath of when Dorothy visited Oz for the first time but a lot has changed since she first went to Oz. The only little niggly thing I cannot stand, and this may be because I watch a lot of films and I am quite picky, is that the Dorothy in this film is a lot younger than the one in the first - she looks younger and she is quite a lot smaller also. Furthermore, Toto is a different breed of dog?

If anyone can explain this to me then lovely but that is as far as my negative comments go on the film - I love it!

See you soon,

Rach xox

P.S. The wheelers are a bit scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment