Friday, 8 November 2013

Friday Book Review: Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

So, I am a reader. I tend to read anything at all really and I am always willing to try something that someone recommends so I have decided to recommend a few as I go on. So on a Friday, I will post about a book I have recently read and what I thought about it.





This description is from Amazon:

"Book Description

This is the final Sookie Stackhouse novel. Who will love, who will live, and who will be dead ever after?

Product Description

Sookie Stackhouse has one last adventure in store.

Life has taken her from a waitress in Merlotte's Bar, Bon Temps, to part owner; from social outcast to the heart of her community; from a vampire's girlfriend to the wife of one of the most powerful vampires in the state.

She has survived explosions, revolutions and attempts on her life. Sookie has endured betrayal, heartbreak and grief... and she has emerged a little stronger, and little wiser, every time.

But with life comes new trials...

The question is, in the end: who will love, who will live, and who will be dead ever after?"

I have read all of the books in the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood series by Charlaine Harris. I think they have all been good but when it got to the last few, it felt like it just kept going for the sake of it. However, I feel like this book rounded them off for me to give me an ending, although there is now the new release of the "What happened next" where it lists all of the characters and lets you know what has happened to them since although I have read mixed reviews on this. 
I just simply love vampires, particularly those in a love triangle. The only problem that I have with these books is like I previously mentioned, that after about book 7, nothing very interesting happened and there was a lot of conversation and no real development of the characters. I do love Sookie's character, as to me she depicts the bible belt of America individual as to how i see them but then vampires come into her life amongst other things that she just accepts and moves on.
 So, if you have read them all the way through then it is a definite recommendation from me as I wouldn't like to leave everything hanging but if you haven't read the books upto now, watch the TV series instead.

See you soon,
Rachael xox

No comments:

Post a Comment